Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Bounty




Well, it's time to start blogging again, after almost a whole year. There's just too much to share about, and facebook status updates are starting to seem a bit trite when I just write something short, and too long-winded if I think about what I really want to say.

And there really is just too much... to say, to share, to think about, and I can't bear to keep it all to myself!

I'll start by saying, for those who aren't aware, I'm in the eighth month of pregnancy with baby boy #2, Emmet Angus Nappier. Feeling pretty good, and hoping Emmet waits for Erik to come home, two days before my due date. Erik is currently in Vietnam working in a ship yard, and I just got back from a relaxing and wonderful trip to Hawaii. Elliot starts Kindergarden in about a week. See what I mean? Too much not to tell! These pictures were taken last Wednesday, a beautiful day which yielded quite a bounty, in many ways.

Here's my sweet boy at his favorite pastime, getting pushed on the rope swing in the back yard. I love this picture, and am currently working it into a painting of sorts.
Elliot and I picked a gorgeous bouquet from the garden!
Picked a ton of delicious oranges from Mary and Bill's house.
We have been eating them every day!
Here's what I've been drinking instead of sugary soda - refreshing mint water with fresh mint from the yard. I usually drink the whole pitcher myself by the end of the day. Mmmm.
Donna joined me for a trek out to Gopher Glenn, where we got 20lbs of Empires and 5lbs of Galas. Super delicious apples filling up my crisper.
Got home and picked all this stuff from my vegetable garden. Some of the zuchinni
really got out of control within a week!
Elliot went and got a haircut since he was looking pretty shaggy.
Now he looks like a super handsome big boy for kindergarden!

2 comments:

bj said...

I knew I should be visiting right now! I love it all. The fruit looks fabulous, and your flowers are amazing. I'm totally going to steal your mint water idea, I have mint in our garden just waiting for me. I can't believe Elliot's in kindergarten! Miss you guys.

Unknown said...

yayyyyyyyyyyy!!! So wonderful to see the blog back in action. All is looking good...can't wait to hang out with you in the not too distant future. lovieoo!

beedee